Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Department: Marketing/Information Technology
FLSA Status: FT/Non-Exempt
The Graphic Designer/Social Media Specialist will produce, coordinate and schedule marketing and social media projects. Maintain corporate graphic standards, work within project budgets, follow project archives procedures and give project status reports. Work involves project design, scheduling, light copy writing, art production, and coordination with outside vendors. This position will also grow the company’s Social Media strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging sales involvement. This role coordinates with the internal sales teams to support their ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
• Design, produce, and coordinate marketing communication materials such as 4-color ads, digital newsletters, trade show booth signage, point of purchase displays, sales flyers, ad slicks, promotional logos and flyers, product launch packages and special projects.
• Work with manager and coworkers to establish effective design strategies. Maintain these strategies and the corporate graphic standards in the implementation of design solutions.
• Maintain departmental archiving, documentation and reporting procedures. Generate project schedules, archive lists and project budget information as needed.
• Determine and maintain/grow relationships with best vendors for projects based on cost estimates, quality and time lines.
• Coordinate and/or produce light copy writing for marketing and communications materials. This includes proofing of all project copy.
• Assist with product photography and/or produce simple instructional digital videos as needed.
• Coordinate with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the company culture and into all the company’s products and services
• Oversee social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including online advocacy, coordination of writing editorial, dealer support and promotions, etc.
• Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum Associate’s Degree or additional training completed from community colleges or graphic design programs. Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, social media, or information technology preferred
• Minimum of 3 years graphic design experience required
• At least 3 years network and troubleshooting experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Mastery of graphic design software
• Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
• Demonstrated portfolio showing creative, design and software skills
• Knowledge of graphics software (Creative Suite), specifically Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat. Internet/Web knowledge, HTML/Light coding desired. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Ability to evaluate choices critically, with the customer needs in mind
• Ability to communicate design choices clearly
• Great multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure
• Copy writing experience desired
• Ability to work and solve problems independently with little supervision as they relate to advertising, employee relations, and outside vendors/services.
• Ability to establish priorities, organize and coordinate several responsibilities simultaneously, working with coworkers to maintain creative strategies, and meeting all deadlines required.
• Ability to work quickly under pressure, using good judgment in decision-making.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
• Team player, with the confidence to lead and guide other departments when necessary
• Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools/software quickly
Interested candidates may apply by sending resume to: