Hightowers Petroleum Co. seeks an experienced Accounting Manager who will direct and supervise the general accounting activities of the department. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Senior Accountant and is responsible for the direct supervision of the accounting team’s day-to-day operations inclusive of financial billing, collections, and reporting. This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Interacts and works collaboratively with the Operations Team to effectively implement customers.
• Develops and implements financial systems and processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting team.
• Responsible for QOS quality metrics for the accounting team.
• Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Complies with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Identifies and recommends updates to accounting processes and procedures.
• Recruits and hires accounting staff and conducts performance evaluations.
• Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
• Five- eight years or more of accounting management and direct supervisory experience required.
• Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of petroleum industry a plus with specific knowledge of wholesale fuel pricing from terminal to the end user.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in accounting, tax preparation, and sales software PDI/CRM/DM2.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with superior proficiency in Excel.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer