Hightowers Petroleum Co. is seeking an Accounting Associate responsible for billing customers utilizing accounting software, processing accounts payables and receivables in a high-volume, customer-oriented environment. The Accounting Associate reports directly to the Accounting Manager and is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Invoice customers based on correct pricing, taxes, freight, and other applicable charges as quoted to customer or specified customer’s contract.
• Ensure purchase orders and sales orders are correct in accounting system for applicable customers.
• Enter vendor invoices into accounting system for payment.
• Handle discrepancies of any vendor and customer invoices.
• Provide daily pricing and price confirmations for assigned accounts.
• Update pricing template with daily or monthly changes to products, taxes, freight and surcharges.
• Provide customers with monthly usage reports and/or statements.
• Assist with monthly motor fuel tax reports.
• Ensure compliance of standard accounting practices.
• Retrieve aging report from vendors to ensure HPC has received all invoices.
• Print remittance documents for all applicable customers for payment.
• Maintain daily logs of orders placed and delivered.
• Assist with collections and audits.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to assist with accounting questions or requested reports.
• Required to perform other duties as requested or assigned
Education and Experience
• Minimum associate degree or relevant certification in accounting or related field.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in high volume billing/payable role.
• 3-5 years’ experience in customer billing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be customer service oriented.
• Working knowledge of accounting software such as SAGE/DM2/PDI, as well as MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Specific Excel proficiency utilizing Macros, VLOOKUP’s, SQL, CSV/delimited files desired.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with basic accounting procedures
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
• Must be detail oriented with aptitude for numbers
• Ability to take initiative on assignments as necessary.
Interested candidates may apply by sending resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer